Monday, July 9, 2012

I'd Eat Off That Table

Furniture polish.  Another one of those cleaning items I feel I can't do without.  And yet I cringe a little every time I spray it onto my table, wondering what sort of chemicals are going onto the very surface where my family eats.

The answer?  Why, to make my own non-toxic furniture polish of course!!

Homemade Furniture Polish

1 Cup Olive Oil
2 Cups Lemon Juice or Vinegar (I prefer the lemon juice.  I think it's a mental thing in which I feel furniture polish should smell lemony)

Mix ingredients in a spray bottle.  Shake to blend well before each use.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is interesting. Just regular olive oil? I have both of those ingredients and some old wooden chairs that need to be polished..Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Regular ol' olive oil. Works great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...