Simple DIY Dog Shirt

I thought I would do something a little different from the usual crochet-themed post today.  I hope you enjoy it!

My dachshund puppy, Max, was not enjoying the cool and rainy weather we had last week.  He wold come to me often, shivering and want to snuggle up next to me with his blanket.  He has outgrown the little shirts and jackets he wore during the winter.  So I decided to create a little DIY no-sew shirt for him.




I found a sweatshirt in my "To Donate" box, which I felt would be perfect for this project.




I cut off a sleeve and trimmed away the wristband.





I measured Max from the base of his neck to the base of his tail to decide how long the shirt needed to be.






I also measured his underside so that I could shape the shirt so that it wouldn't get wet when he urinates.





A few more measurements to determine where to place the holes for his front legs.


Max inspecting my work so far





And... Voila!  In about 15 minutes I had a nice warm shirt for Max to wear on those chilly Spring days.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Doesn't he look quite pleased with his new shirt?



His harness even fits right over it so he can be warm on his walks also.



How has the Spring weather been where you live?

Comments

  1. Super cute Beckey it came out sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I was in the mood to sew, I would take in the neck a little. But overall, I am pleased with the results.

      Delete

Post a Comment