Top 5 Lessons I Learned the Hard Way:
- When gathering eggs, do not try to multi-task. You ARE going to drop something. And it IS going to be one (or more) of the eggs.
- A clothes line is great to help reduce the electricity usage and reduce heat in the house during the summer. As long as you do not forget the clothes are out there when it starts raining. Or gets dark.
- Buying all the canning supplies and leaving them sitting out on the counter does NOT magically make the canning process happen. Apparently, there is work involved.
- Bears happen. When they do - be grateful it was just the crab apples he ate.
- You may at some point realize you have not been out of the house for days and days. You may also realize you don't have any idea what day it is at all.