Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mozzarella Broiled Tomatoes

I'm a big fan of the tomato.  Raw - sliced, diced, chopped.  Cooked into soups, chili, gumbo, or a sauce.  But I was wanting something a little different.  Not raw - but something simple.  The answer which came to me was a basic broiled tomato.



I took Roma tomatoes and cut them in half.  A little salt, a little pepper, a little drizzle of olive oil.  I broiled the tomato halves for about 5 minutes.



Sprinkled each half with a bit of shredded mozzarella, then back under the broiler for another 3 minutes until the cheese was melted and bubbly.



Yummy!!
These were delicious with The Perfectly Cooked Salmon

1 comment:

  1. Those tomatoes look so good. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...