I'm Freezing In Here!

I'm finally doing it.  I'm going to attempt making some of the dinners I prepare in larger batches and freezing enough for future meals.  I might even try freezer some smaller quanities for the Man of the House to take as lunches.

The first trial run was yesterday with gumbo.  I made up a huge batch of yummy gumbo. 

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, browned
3 lbs smoked sausage
3 lbs cut okra
6 cans diced tomatoes
3 teaspoons thyme
3 teaspoons basil
2 -3 teaspoons garlic powder
Crole seasoning to taste

Combine all ingredients in large stock pot.  Bring to a slow boil.  Reduce heat to low.  Simmer for 2 to 3 hours. 

I had enough for dinner, and leftovers to fill 2 gallon size freezer bags for the future.  Plus enough leftovers for lunch today!

Next up... chili!  Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Yum! I love to freeze! I currently have 3 kinds of soup in baggies in the freezer. Now that the weather is cooling off, I can start cooking again and freezing! Look forward to reading your chili recipe. I found one online yesterday I plan to try with turkey and of all things..Tequila!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment