Getting A Handle

What's wrong with this picture?

Look closely...

Yes, you are looking at two - TWO! - 1 cup measuring cups without handles.

Why?  Why do the handles keep breaking off?  Why is it always the 1 cup size?  Not the 1/4 cup.  Not the 1/3 cup.  Always the 1 cup! 

I could blame it on quality with the black cup.  It's part of one of those cheapo sets where you get the cups and the spoons for about a dollar.  But the white one is part of my nice KitchenAid set!  What is THAT about? 

And now since (for whatever reason) my family can not seem to keep a 1 cup measuring cup with a handle on it, I have a new dilemma to ponder:  Do I just keep buying inexpensive sets - knowing full good and well that the handle is going to snap off?  Or do I risk purchasing another more expensive set and worry that the handle will break off this one also?

For now... I think I will just be handle-less.

Comments

  1. I can't say I've ever had a handle break off a measuring cup. Too funny that it's always the 1-cup. Good luck with your dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy right? I can't figure out what is going on. I've gone years and suddenly in the past month - TWO broken! Thanks for visiting and commenting Clarinda!

      Delete
  2. I meant to tell you that I have now gone to metal measuring cups. I hated the broken handles etc. I am a big baker and they drove me nuts. I spent good money on a set of all clad ones, and they are AMAZING. I got them at Williams Sonoma. I was skeptical, but let me tell you, these suckers will be passed down a few generations. (Also, a good weapon..ha ha ha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I might have to take a look at those!

      Delete

Post a Comment