Oh, My Aching Fingers!

I love couponing.  Love it.  I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I see that total go down as the coupons get scanned!  And when I get a really great deal on something with coupons - Whew!  It's like I won the coupon olympics or something!  (And I'm not even one of those extreme couponers who manage to buy $500 worth of groceries and walk out of the store with a $2 credit in her pocket.) 



There's only one thing I don't like about couponing - the cutting.

Ugh... all the tedious trimming away of excess paper.  My fingers start getting tired and sore after a while.  I do not like it one tiny bit.  (I could break out into a a whole Green Eggs and Ham parody here, but I'll resist.  You're welcome.)

I know there are actually places you can purchase coupons, pre-trimmed and store ready.  But the entire concept of buying coupons makes no sense to me.  It just seems to defeat the entire purpose of saving money if I am paying for them. 

Any other couponistas out there have brilliant ideas for making the task of cutting the coupons any easier?

Comments

  1. I agree that it seems to defeat the purpose of couponing to pay for coupons--I'd never even heard of such a thing! I'm not a big coupon girl though--I think I'm just too picky of an eater that they never have coupons for the kind of food I want to buy. :P
    I'm currently in school for cosmetology though, so I know that using scissors all day can really make your hands tired, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh.. cosmetology... I think I just felt my hand cramp up! So you really do feel my pain! ;0)

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a clipper either, as Rachel said, I'm too picky. I shop almost exclusively at Trader Joes, and their prices are good, without coupons. My hands hurt just thinking about tackling the Sunday paper coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can online imagine how painful it must be to cut all those out! I sometimes have to cut some things from newspapers or magazines for my scrapbook and it tires me out already!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *rubbing my fingers* Yeh.. It's not the best.

      Delete
  4. I absolutly love that show Extreme Couponers! I think its awesome these people are getting great deals and supplying not only there families but helping others as well!
    Maybe you'll find a coupon for a hang massage! :)

    Amber
    http://ambertalmage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't cut out coupons but if I see something that I like, I either printed them out or teared the whole page off. I know ...I know ... I am just messy when come to coupons. But hey, I don't need to spend time cutting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that from time to time. But often there are a few coupons on the page that I want to use, so I have to clip them apart.

      Delete
  6. I don't envy you, though it certainly doesn't seem worth while to pay for already trimmed coupons. My husband does most of our coupon cutting. It is a chore. Soon he'll be looking for a coupon to pay for carpel tunnel surgery. I was thinking I could get the big boys to take over the job but they'd just cut coupons for cookies and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? Paying for coupons just doesn't make any sense to me. I have tried to recruit family members for clipping from time to time. But all the "do you want this one? what about this?" and ending up with coupons I would NEVER use just makes it seem easier to do myself. (I should probably get over that. LOL)

      Delete

Post a Comment