Queen B Spotlights: SinkandSoak

I have recently had the opportunity to work with some amazing Etsy creators.  One of these is Dorothy from SinkandSoak.  She creates handcrafted soaps, bath bombs, and other products with natural, healthy ingredients.  
www.etsy.com/shop/SinkandSoak


I "met" Dorothy when she contacted me to inquire about purchasing some of my handcrafted, cotton bath puffs to include as part of a gift set with her all natural bar soap. 
 
www.etsy.com/listing/247404617/

 Of course I jumped at the chance to have my item featured alongside the work of such a talented creator.  And I wanted to give all of you the chance to get to know a little about her and her work also.  


Please tell the readers a little about yourself:
I am 47 years old and at the mother of two beautiful girls.  One a senior in college and one a senior in high school.  I work full time as a buyer and also run my small business making handmade bath and body products.  Making cold processed soap is my passion and what I love most about what I do.  I also enjoy nature and reading.  And of course my husband and pets two!
www.etsy.com/listing/241911178/


What was your inspiration for starting 'SinkandSoak'? 
I was inspired to start Sink and Soak because I was a huge fan of Lush Cosmetics and love taking baths every night.  So buying all those soaps and bath bombs was getting very pricey.  I decided I was going to make some bath bombs for home.  Then I had family and friends telling me the bath bombs were great and I should start selling them.  I have always been interested in soap making and had wanted to learn the process for years.  I also needed an outlet for my creativity as I used to oil paint years ago before I had children.  I had one daughter gone at college that I missed so much and another growing up fast and soon to be leaving home so I knew I needed a hobby to immerse myself in.  So it seemed natural with my love of art and of bathing to start a small business.
www.etsy.com/listing/225144792/

How do you decide what fragrances you want to use for your soaps and bath bombs?  when I make soaps and bath bombs, I try to think of fragrances that will be pleasing to people based on what season it is and how I think they would want the products to make them feel when using it and smelling it.  
 
www.etsy.com/listing/244325667/


What would we find you doing when you're not making bath products or running your business?  
I am either working at my day job purchasing electronic parts, cooking, running my household, reading, or off sightseeing!  There is so much to see around the San Francisco Bay area.  I also like to curl up with my dog and relax and drink coffee.  :)


Hmmm... she enjoys reading, sightseeing, and drinking coffee.  If we didn't live on opposite sides of the country, I think there's a good chance we could be besties for sure!  

Please stop by her shop and show her some love! 


post signature

Comments