Black Artists and Makers I Think You Should Know

If you have been watching the recent protests calling for social justice in our country and around your world, you may be wondering what you can do to help support the black community and bring an end to racial inequality.  

There are so many: donate to organizations that work for social justice such as Black Lives Matter, write to your local, state, and federal representatives and VOTE for those who are willing to stand up for change, sign petitions, and participate in protests. (just to name a few)

Another way (and one of my favorites) is to support black artists and creators.  Follow them on social media.  Buy their art.  Share their work with others.

In that spirit - here are a few women I think you should know!




Stitching Melodies

I have been following this gorgeous (inside and out!) lady on Instagram for quite some time.  She is a talented intuitive seamstress located in Hudson Valley, New York.  Her work is beautiful.  And I love hearing the stories behind all of the Memory Keepsakes she creates for her clients.  


You can find her on Instagram @stitchingmelodies and Facebook @kasstitchingmelodies



Queen Of Nature Crowns

This woman not only creates amazing handmade crowns and accessories, she is so incredible supportive of other creators!  If your day needs a pick me up - you must check out her Instagram feed @queenofnaturecrowns .  She makes me chuckle just about every day!




Be sure to visit out her Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/queenofnaturecrowns



Manning's Handmade Crafty Creation

This is another maker I have been following on Instagram for about as long as I can remember.  If you love organic and natural bath products - you should be following too!  Her bath and body care products are handcrafted with pride and love in Memphis, TN.  




Jas Iman Art and Designs

I have had the pleasure of knowing this last young lady since she was only two years old.   She and my son grew up together and it has been such a joy to see her grow and blossom over time into the talented artist she is today! 


Shop her Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/shop/jasiman and check her out on Instagram @jasimanart



Who are some of the artists and makers you think I should know?  Share their info in the comments!





Comments