Quarantine Crochet

How are you doing?  Is anyone else getting a little tired of that question?  I mean... I'm not sure how I'm doing from one minute to the next.   Which makes it difficult to say how I am doing just in general.   But, I'm hanging in there.  I hope you are too.  It certainly helps to have something to keep me busy when I need to take my mind of things.  And, as you can probably guess - for me, that thing is crochet.

I've been using up some of my yarn stash to work on various ready to ship items for the shop.  As well as a couple of personal projects.

The first thing I decided to do was a little afghan for my grandson.  The kid is always asking for a blanket when he watches tv, reads or plays video games.  Even in the heat of summer.  He is also a recent newcomer to the Harry Potter fandom.  When he took an online quiz about which Hogwarts house you belong to, it said he is a Hufflepuff. So what could be better than a blanket in black and gold - the official Hufflepuff colors!



I was so happy with how quickly it worked up and the beautiful results that I decided to make a baby blanket which will probably be available soon in the shop.   I selected one of my favorite color combos - navy blue and mint green - for this blanket.




Both blankets are based off the granny square baby blanket pattern by Daisy Cottage Designs. I have already selected some yarn to create a navy blue/light blue/white blanket and I'm thinking I would also like to create one in black/gray/white/

I've also been working on several spa bath sets and washcloth sets, which I hope to have listed later this week.





I have wanted to make up some cotton rounds in different colors for a while, and now I'm finally finding the time to do it.  I've done a couple of mini sets of three rounds in blush pink which are already listed in the shop - including a new larger size!  I have also created a few sets in shades of purple, as well as a set in dusty rose and I'm working on a dark teal set and a mint green set also.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/791025377



I've also been working on some non-crochet projects.  Such as coloring a pair of coffee prints to frame and hang over my coffee station.  I've shared my progress over on my Instagram , if you'd like to take a peek.

What have you found to keep you busy during the stay at home orders?

Comments