Summer Makeover Fit for a Queen Bee

I loved Ms. Summersbee when she first came to live on my back porch.  She was bright, and glittery, and cheerful.



Unfortunately, like many of us - too much time spent exposed to the sun and other elements eventually caught up with her.  She looked faded and sad.




It was time for a make over!




I started with some matte finish paint.  But after it dried, I wasn't feeling it. Ms Summersbee looked flat (pun intended) and just "blah".




That meant a trip back to my favorite craft store for some more paint,  With a gloss finish this time. Much better! The colors had more pop. 






And a little glitter.  Because... glitter!


(is it just me, or does the glitter look odd in these picture?)

Then she was looking more like her original bright, cheerful, glittery self.  She was ready to return to her rightful place on the back porch. 




Bring on Summer!




Comments