So, in order to give y'all (there it is) a glimpse behind the scenes of Queen B's Busy Work, here are a few little facts about me - the Queen B!
- I was born and raised (and still reside) in the mountains of western North Carolina.
- From as far back as I can remember I have loved arts and crafts, from creating outfits for my Barbies, to coloring, to drawing, cross-stitch, sewing, and crochet - I have done it all!
- I believe a brand new box of crayons is one of the great simple pleasures in life.
- At one point I considered going to art school, but was talked into studying something "more practical".
- I met the Man of the House in a discussion group for our college English Lit class. So, there was a good reason that whole art school thing never happened - otherwise I might have missed out on meeting him! ❤
- I taught myself to crochet by using one of those "learn to crochet" kits with the book, hook, and some yarn. There has been a lot of trial and error along the way.
- I worked as a breastfeeding peer counselor and lactation educator for 13 years before making the decision to begin my own business. With a lot of support and encouragement from the Man of the House.
- I often give my handcrafted items as gifts to family and friends. Almost everything in my shop was first created as a surprise for, or at the request of, someone close to me.
- I have a rather serious crush on coffee.
- I am a football fan. More to the point, I am a Carolina Panthers fan. Sundays (with the occasional Monday or Thursday) from August through January, you will likely find me in my comfy pants and a Panthers tshirt cheering on the boys in black and blue. Keep Pounding!
That's me in a very small nutshell. Anything else you want to know? Just ask!
Have a BEEautiful day,