The B Behind the Crown

I don't think I have ever taken the opportunity to properly introduce myself and my little hive to all of you.  (You have no idea how much I wanted to end that sentence with "all y'all".  My southern is showing)

So, in order to give y'all (there it is) a glimpse behind the scenes of Queen B's Busy Work, here are a few little facts about me - the Queen B!



-  I was born and raised (and still reside) in the mountains of western North Carolina.

-  From as far back as I can remember I have loved arts and crafts, from creating outfits for my Barbies, to coloring, to drawing, cross-stitch, sewing, and crochet - I have done it all!

-  I believe a brand new box of crayons is one of the great simple pleasures in life.
publicdomainpictures.net

-  At one point I considered going to art school, but was talked into studying something "more practical".

-  I met the Man of the House in a discussion group for our college English Lit class.  So, there was a good reason that whole art school thing never happened - otherwise I might have missed out on meeting him!  ❤



-  I taught myself to crochet by using one of those "learn to crochet" kits with the book, hook, and some yarn.  There has been a lot of trial and error along the way.

-  I worked as a breastfeeding peer counselor and lactation educator for 13 years before making the decision to begin my own business.  With a lot of support and encouragement from the Man of the House.



-  I often give my handcrafted items as gifts to family and friends.  Almost everything in my shop was first created as a surprise for, or at the request of, someone close to me.

-  I have a rather serious crush on coffee.

-  I am a football fan.  More to the point, I am a Carolina Panthers fan.  Sundays (with the occasional Monday or Thursday) from August through January, you will likely find me in my comfy pants and a Panthers tshirt cheering on the boys in black and blue.  Keep Pounding!



That's me in a very small nutshell.  Anything else you want to know?  Just ask!

Have a BEEautiful day,


post signature

Comments