Queen B Spotlights: essential8

In the past year, I  have had the pleasure of working with Sarah of essential8.  She carries some of my handmade cotton cloths alongside her organic, all natural cleaning products.  And her all natural lip balms are now an available option when ordering Queen B's lip balm holders.  I love how her business idea originated and what she does.  I hope you all enjoy getting to know her as much as I have!
http://www.myessential8.com/

Please tell us a little about yourself:
I started by business, essential8, in 2012.  I launched with 4 organic cleaning products and began growing from there. After having two children, I became very aware and concerned about the ingredients in the cleaning products and personal care items I was using for myself and my children. There are so many nasty ingredients in conventional products that can be harmful to our health and the environment. I wanted to create healthy substitutions for my family to help limit our exposure to toxic chemicals. I began sharing my creations with family and friends. The feedback I received was very positive, so I decided to try selling my products. I believe there is definitely a growing trend toward using more organic, natural products in our homes and on our bodies.

Besides running my business, I am also a special education teacher.
www.etsy.com/listing/221179931/

What was your inspiration for essential8?
My children. Also, one of my favorite aspects of owning a business is the opportunity to educate people about the importance of reading labels and and creating awareness of harmful ingredients in the products they use.
www.etsy.com/listing/236038224/


Why is it important for you to use all natural ingredients in your products?
Through research and experimentation, I have found that natural ingredients are often just as effective, if not more so, than conventional ingredients. Large corporations are only concerned with their bottom lines, and they will use the cheapest ingredients they can find to make a product.


Do you have a favorite item in your product line?
Organic All-Purpose Cleaner. I use it literally everywhere. It has such a light, clean citrus smell and it works!
www.etsy.com/listing/170111494/

What do you like to do when you're not working on your shop?
My two children keep me quite busy, but besides playing mommy, I enjoy golf, cooking, reading, travelling, playing piano and Pilates. Sometimes I also find time to sleep. :)

Great, right? :0)  I hope you will all buzz by and pay her a visit! 


Have a BEEautiful day,
 
post signature

Comments