A Very Pokemon Birthday

My grand son is a big Pokémon fan.  He gets it from his mom.  And his uncle.  They both loved Pokémon as kids - and still do.  Maybe you have a few people like that in your life also?  Anyway... he had been asking me to make him a "blue pokeball" hat for a while, so when his birthday was coming up a few months ago - I knew exactly what one of his gifts would be!


Not having much Pokémon knowledge myself, except for the bare basics that you pick up when you have raised two Pokémon trainer wannabes, I had to spend some times on the ol' Google searching for what exactly a blue Pokeball  (which is apparently called a Great Ball) would look like before setting to work.

This was the result of my efforts:


Whenever I would ask him what he wanted for his birthday, he would tell me he wanted a MewTwo plushie.  Which he was definitely getting.  But I also thought that since I was already in a Pokémon crochet kinda mood - why not make him a MewTwo hat also?  



When the day of his family birthday party came, he was thrilled with both!

He wouldn't hold still long enough to get a better picture.  Sorry this one is so blurry!

I'm not sure why he kept pulling it down over his eyes.  I think maybe he was trying to wear it like a mask
Of course, this whole Pokémon hat thing goes back a few years to when I crafted him a hat inspired by the original Pokeball...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/457192278/
This is why I love doing what I do at Queen B's Busy Work!  Almost all of the items in my shop started life as a gift for someone, a request by a friend or family member, or was inspired by a need had by myself  or someone I know. 

If you're interested in a Pokémon hat of your very own - only my original Pokeball hat is currently listed in the shop.  BUT - I love custom orders, so don't hesitate to drop me a message through Etsy, or email me at queenbsbusywork@yahoo.com with your request! 

Comments